Friday, January 14, 2011

Staff sendoff




 As the time gets closer to takeoff, my co-workers along with family, friends and community held as steak supper sendoff for me. What a fantastic way to celabrate my send off to Africa. During the night staff had questions to answer about how much they really knew me. Most struggled to get the correct answers but all had fun in trying to think how well they knew me. In addition to the questions, a 50/50 draw was held and a silent auction. In total the event itself raised over $1,000.00 to help me in my contribution to the trip.

 I have posted some pics of the evening as you'll notice they did have some fun at my expense....I guess they were helping me in my packing dilema I asked at one of our last conference calls.

 I truelly want to thank all that came to see me off along with all that gave donations. The support I have received for so many people is certainly unexpected and appreciated.

 Keep in touch as more entries happen

No comments:

Post a Comment